Monday, October 28, 2013

32 weeks

Here I am at 32 weeks.  I can't believe how quickly the time is passing.  I feel like I have so much to be doing right now.  Wesley's birthday is this Thursday which is also Halloween and then a few short weeks later is Thanksgiving and we are having the Chambers' clan at our home again this year.  I will be considered full term by then so the baby could show her little face any time after Thanksgiving.  Officially I will have 2 1/2 weeks until my due date though.  And then comes Christmas.  We have started our Christmas list for this year and are hoping that we will be done shopping before the baby comes.  I still have to make the baby's stocking and would really like to make a tree skirt.  And on top of all this I am in charge of putting together the Relief Society Christmas presents this year.  Ugh.  This doesn't even include all the baby prep and of course everything I need to do for my other three children which includes Kayla's Therapy and the preschool group I am a part of.  I just want to lie down and read a good book.

So, I have a little story to tell.  Last week when I went to my 32 week prenatal check-up the nurse took my vitals as usual and took my weight.  When she put my weight into my chart she commented saying, "Wow, you gained a lot of weight".  I don't know about you but even during pregnancy when weight gain is all part of the plan it was still kind of offensive.  That comment told me I gained more than expected but come on!  Where is your bedside manners?  My doctor didn't seem to think I had gained more than I should have so I guess I'm fine.  In fact, when my doctor measured my uterus she asked me if I was eating enough.  Apparently the baby did not grow as much as expected.  At my last two check-ups the baby was measuring one week ahead and this week she is right on.  I have heard the rumor that too much sugar can cause bigger babies.  I don't really know how true that is but I had to wonder since both my husband and I were 7 pound babies and Madi and Wesley were both over eight pounds.  I like sugar, what can I say?  A few weeks ago I decided to use a little self control and cut back on my sugar intake.  I don't know if this really made a difference but I am going to try really hard not to eat all the Halloween candy and see if I can keep this little runt under eight pounds.  I don't really appreciate the big baby comment.  Can you blame me?

And now for my belly pictures.









No comments:

Post a Comment

ONCE IN A WHILE IN AN ORDINARY LIFE, LOVE GIVES US A FAIRYTALE