
Wesley in his gdiaper
I have recently decided to try out cloth diapers. We first bought a nickernappie which is a pocket diaper that's great for potty training children. We thought it would be great since Madi would be potty training soon, we hope. This diaper has snaps on the front so you can make it smaller to fit babies from newborn all the way to potty training. Well, the diaper was a bit bigger than we liked and it's also a pocket diaper which means there is an opening where you shove the absorbent insert inside. Well, we decided we wanted to be able to just change the insert and reuse the diaper multiple times before washing it. Our second diaper was the grobaby which also has snaps for smaller and larger babies. With a diaper change all you have to do is take out the soiled insert and snap in a new one. This is only good for about two diaper changes and then you have to put a fresh diaper on. I liked the diaper but I absolutely hate the inserts, they used six layers of organic cotton and used elastic to bunch up the sides to fit smaller babies, they do not dry well and they make Madi's bum gigantic. We really liked the idea of the snaps so we wouldn't have to buy new diapers as our babies get bigger. Well, even though these don't have the snaps I tried out our third and hopefully final cloth diaper, the gdiaper. These diapers have a cloth outer layer and there is a snap in nylon liner that holds in the mess. You lay the absorbent insert in the liner and strap your child in. If it's just pee we put in a new insert and if it's poopy it is so easy to just snap in a new liner, the diaper stays clean all day. Gdiapers are so cute and Madi's bum is not nearly as big as with the other cloth diapers. So if you plan on going green with your children I highly recommend the gdiaper, go to
www.gdiapers.com and check them out.
I think it's awesome you started a blog. You will definitely do a great job at blogging. Your two children are adorable. How do you like the cloth diaper now? I've used them a little. They're fine I think, but extra work. In my situation I'd rather a disposable. I hope you are doing well. You are a great gal!
ReplyDelete