Kayla Traeh was born July 5th, weighing 6lbs 4oz and 18 and 3/4 inches long.
It was a crazy whirl wind of a delivery. Erin and I knew that because of the heart concerns we may end up at Seattle Children's shortly after birth. With that possibility Erin wanted to give birth vaginally without anesthetic. That way she wouldn't be numb and would be able to follow little Kayla as soon as possible. We arrived at the hospital around 12:30 and had just barely settled into our room when things became wild. During a contraction Kayla's heart rate slowed down significantly. A couple nurses came in and started checking Erin and the baby and rushed Madi, Wesley and I out of the room. I was really struggling not knowing what was going on and didn't know what to do with the kids. I waited a few minutes (probably a few seconds) and then decided I couldn't wait any longer and I just marched right back down the hall. There were nurses and doctors running all over the place and Erin had been moved to the operating room. I quickly grabbed a gown and handed the kids to a nurse and tried to get in there by Erin. I just wanted her to know I was there and that everything would be alright. They didn't let me in the room and I could hardly see what was going on from the little window. A nurse told her I was there as she was being placed under general anesthetic. I had to get the kids so I stepped out just before the cutting happened. (probably for the best)
![]() |
| Keeping entertained with cartoons |
![]() |
| Our smallest baby yet |
![]() |
| All tuckered out |
![]() |
| A bonding moment for mom and baby |
![]() |
| Her portable incubator |
![]() |
| Saying goodbye |
![]() |
| back of the ambulance |
![]() |
| transporting Kayla |
![]() |
| Her new room |
![]() |
| Sleeping soundly |
![]() |
| Poor Girl |
![]() |
| Too many tubes |
![]() |
| Visits from Grandma |













No comments:
Post a Comment