Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Waiting Game

I have been feeling more and more contractions lately so I was so excited for my doctors appointment yesterday.  I thought for sure I would at least be 1 cm dilated like I was with my other kids by this time.  Well, to my disappointment there is NOTHING going on.  I thought for sure that she would be coming about a week early like Madi and Wesley but it's possible that she just doesn't want to come out just yet.  I know it doesn't really mean much being dilated.  Some women go weeks being dilated at 3 cm or more and still have to wait while others, like me, are at 1 cm for a week tops and go into labor.  I read a couple stories where women went in for their check-up and were like me, showing nothing and then later that afternoon they went into labor.  Can I be like those women?  I'll just go on doing my thing and then BAM! I go into labor.  My doctor said that if I haven't had her by my next appointment which is on the 8th then we will set a date to be induced.  Cross your fingers and wish me luck that I won't even have to go in for my next appointment.  I want this baby!

Update:

I had an unexpected visit with the Doctor today July 1st and I am now officially dilated 1 cm.  It's not much but I'll take it.  I have been having contractions all morning.  I didn't really keep track of them until I went in for my doctor's visit at 10:30 this morning.  For the one hour that I was there I had 6 contractions.  Since then I feel like they are getting closer together, I've had some that were about 5 minutes apart but they don't last very long and they aren't really consistent.  I'm hoping that it will eventually turn into the real thing but Justin isn't quite ready for her to come yet so he's telling me to lie on the couch and make sure she stays put.  FYI I had false labor for a day or two before Wesley was born so who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ONCE IN A WHILE IN AN ORDINARY LIFE, LOVE GIVES US A FAIRYTALE