Saturday, June 18, 2011
Turning
This little girl sure likes to be difficult. Of all the craziness we have had to endure and have yet to endure she still finds one more thing to throw at us. With her being breach my doctor has offered an External Cephalic Version which is a procedure where he will attempt to turn her by pushing and manipulating her from the outside. I thought that maybe he would take a few extra minutes at my appointment yesterday and try and turn her there but that was not the case. Apparently an EVC is a procedure that has risks and so it has to be done at the hospital. We have an appointment set for Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. Even though the risks are very low there is the possibility that the umbilical cord might twist or squeeze cutting off her supply of blood and oxygen. Or it just might be too much stress for the baby and her heart rate could drop. It could even just start labor. I don't really know all the risks but I do know that if something goes wrong they will end up doing an emergency c-section. Of all the EVC's that my doctor has done, and he's done a lot, he told me that he has only had to do one emergency c-section. I have enough amniotic fluid that she should turn quite easily. My doctor did a little pushing yesterday and was very optimistic that she will turn. I guess it's about a 50% success rate so I really like the optimism. I really feel like everything will go smoothly and she will turn just fine. I am a bit worried that because she has the room to turn she just might turn back before she's delivered, eek! Anyway, Mom and Dad Chambers, get your bags packed... Just in case =]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ONCE IN A WHILE IN AN ORDINARY LIFE, LOVE GIVES US A FAIRYTALE
No comments:
Post a Comment