Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

What better day is there than today to take a moment and recognize the most important man in my life, the father of my children. Let me tell you a story. Four years ago in June Justin called my apartment at BYU-Idaho looking for his sister Annie (so he says). She was not home so Justin and I talked and got to know one another a bit. The very next day he called again and this time made sure to get my cell phone number. We ended up talking every day from that day forward. I think it was about two weeks after that first phone call that we made the trip to meet in person. Annie's computer was acting up so we decided to meet halfway in Boise so he could fix her computer and of course to meet me for the first time. That weekend was pure bliss. I don't think Annie's computer got a whole lot of attention. One week after our trip to Boise was my family reunion and I asked Justin to come with me. It was there that Justin talked with my father and asked him for my hand in marriage. Yes, it was only about three weeks since we first talked and only one since we physically met but that was all that we needed. I know many people think we're crazy and I agree. Our children better not be so crazy. My parents were pretty fast also so it wasn't too surprising when my father told us to get it done. Justin went back to Washington and I finished out the semester at BYU-I and then flew up to be with him for the short month before our wedding. We were married September 1st, 2007, a three month relationship before we wed. To take that leap and marry a man that I barely even knew was the best decision I made. He has since become my best friend and the man that I love more deeply than I ever thought possible. He loves me and he loves our beautiful children. I don't know what it is about him but for some reason kids love him and he is so great with them. When I first saw him with the kids at our reunion I was awestruck at how they all adored him and how awesome he was with them. Now imagine how he'd be with his own kids, yeah, that amazing. Madi and Wesley love their Daddy and he sure does love them. Not only is he great with kids but he is great with me. He has allowed me the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. Justin supports me in my decisions and crazy ideas and he pushes me to be great. He has told me that he doesn't want me to work when the kids get older but rather be involved with their lives by joining the PTA and such. Even though he doesn't want me to work he still wants me to go back to school and get a degree. I'm so grateful for my man and for the woman that he makes me. Thanks honey and I love you.


I didn't know it when I took this picture but this is when Justin asked my dad for permission

Justin with his awesome kids


And Lance, my father, Happy Father's Day to you. You have been a great dad and I have so many fun memories with you. One of my favorite childhood memories has always been when we would play the three little pigs in the living room. We were the pigs in our little homes and you were the big bad wolf who would blow our houses down and nibble on our legs as we made our way to the next house. I hope that my kids get to enjoy playing the three little pigs with their grandpa. Dad, Mom may be the one that we come to with personal problems or just recipes but you have always been the one I come to when I need some spiritual enlightenment. You always have some words of wisdom. I don't know how you are at your journal writing these days but I want you to know that I have read your journal from cover to cover and it's inspiring. I always remember that I try my best to keep my journal up for my kids someday. I love you Dad.


My dad teaching Madi to ride a horse

There is one more father in my life, Chuck-a-roonie,Scott, Dad. The day I first came to your home and saw you in the kitchen I thought, "Woah, Justin is definitely his father's son." Yes, there are similarities. Thanks for raising such an awesome man, I know you had your struggles but he turned out alright in the end. We really enjoy coming to your home and spending weekends away with you guys. I know you're family rolls their eyes at your silly jokes, they just don't get them. Your witty, sometimes embarrasing jokes are what make you you and I really love that about you, keep them coming. I sure do love having you around. I love you and sure do appreciate you.


Dad and Wesley


Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, thanks honey. I love you so much and am just as lucky and glad to have you in my life.
    I do want to say that it was two plus weeks from the Boise trip to the family reunion and I have ticket confirmation emails to back it up. ;)

    ReplyDelete

ONCE IN A WHILE IN AN ORDINARY LIFE, LOVE GIVES US A FAIRYTALE