Monday, August 1, 2011
Kayla's Quilt
Justin's Grandma Bonnie is one amazing grandma. She has put forth so much effort and made a quilt for each of our kids. When we received Kayla's quilt from her I was in shock with how amazing it is. It seems that we were not the only ones who felt we needed to do something special for her when we found out about her heart problem. Justin and I tried to find a unique name that has some sort of heart meaning, in the end we came up with her middle name Traeh (heart spelled backward). That was such a simple thing compared to Grandma Bonnie. Grandma Bonnie made the perfect quilt that I can only imagine took a million hours and lots of sore fingers. This was such a big project that she ended up recruiting her sister, Kayla's Great Great Aunt Bettie. Check out all those hand stitched hearts. And to add a little more, the binding also has tiny little hearts all around. I love it! Thank you Grandma Bonnie and Aunt Bettie, what a wonderful and thoughtful gift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ONCE IN A WHILE IN AN ORDINARY LIFE, LOVE GIVES US A FAIRYTALE

What a beautiful quilt! She spent lots of time on it from just looking at it.
ReplyDelete