Now that spring is here and the weather is finally getting warmer we are starting to prep for yard work. We have a pretty big yard by today's standard (at least here near Seattle) so we are especially excited about that. We are not however thrilled about how little care the previous owners gave to the yard. In one corner there are a lot of plants that have no real rhyme or reason. I for one have no idea what they were thinking when they planted these bushes. To me it is not beautiful. They did not even care for the plants once they were there. No weeding, pruning or any sort of tending seems to be evident here. I plan on ripping out a lot of the bushes and planting a garden, yay! We haven't decided what we will do with the bushes yet but possibly replant them somewhere else on the property. Or give them away. Anyone want some plants? We plan on taking before and after pictures of all our projects. Since I need to get some peas planted soon I guess this will be my number one priority. Hopefully we can make this wreck of an area into something aesthetically pleasing and functional by the end of the summer.

The wreck
Are you seeing what I'm seeing?
They didn't even remove the sticks when the trees were big enough.
Check out the tree in the background. I think the tree is holding up the stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment