Madi has never really slowed down. She is always quick to learn things and quick to try new things. She would practice and practice jumping on the ground. Once she got comfortable she started climbing on things and jumping off. No coffee table wasn't climbed and launched from. She then figured out that if she used the bean bags she could climb even higher. Once Wesley figured out how much fun this could be he joined right in without any previous jumping experience. I just laughed and took a little video to share.
That is a pretty common activity at our house now and we just call it "jumpers." Madi will tell us she is going to do "jumpers" and Wesley almost always joins in. Sometimes he even drags the little stool over to the couch and starts the jumping all by himself. Just a couple weeks ago I heard Madi singing behind me as I sat at the computer. Just as I turned around to listen she finished "Ring Around the Rosies" and off the couch she went. I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed so that too got a little video just for proof.
In the video she bends at the waist a bit, but the first time it was the most perfect straight back trust fall I have ever seen. I think I must have thrown her in the air and swung her around too much as she was younger. She is absolutely fearless. Wesley must not have been broken in quite as well because he is still a little worried about getting tossed in the air and he often clings on my arm or shirt with wild fear in his eyes. I try not to torture too much, but I sure am impressed with my little jumpin' beans.
Madi singing ring around the rosey is sooo cute!!! I love these videos, they're so grown up!
ReplyDeleteahhhh! I can't believe she falls backwards!! What crazy kids you have!! ...you know, it reminds me a little bit of a 3-year-old Dane with a cast on his arm... :)
ReplyDelete