Each night when we put the kids to bed Madi has the opportunity to say prayers. Her prayers started out a simple "Heavenly Father, Amen" and then a few months ago Justin started to help her by giving her simple things to say that she would repeat. Tonight Madi started to say her prayers and Justin began to help but she was very quick to tell him "Madi's prayer, not Daddy's prayer". She then proceeded to pray all by herself.
Here is Madi's first official prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you this day
Thank you baby in Mommy's tummy
And ready for bed
Name of Jesus Christ, Amen"
I sure do love that little girl.
Haha, oh my gosh sooo cute! I love that little girl too. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteOne night, I was helping Justin get ready for bed. We knelt by his bed and he started his prayer. He stopped and said, "Mom, I want to tell God a joke. Is that okay?" He felt a close relationship with his Father in Heaven and you are both teaching Madi. Thank you for sharing and thank you for being such an awesome family. I love you all.
ReplyDelete