As a new contributing member to this web log I feel it necessary to introduce myself. I'm Justin, the husband and father of this rag tag bunch of crazies. Let me tell you just how awesome that is.
First, there is Erin my wife. I would expect most of you know her already, but you have no idea how incredible she really is. I could tell you of her tasty dinners or how clean she keeps the house. I could attempt to share with you the fresh smell of my folded laundry or what a cuddly snuggler she is during a movie. Those things are trivial in comparison to her love and support. I truly know she cares about me more than anything else when she sits by my side as I play video games. She cheers me on as I succeed and gets upset and encourages me when I am beat. I'm being a little silly and I would hope that you are smiling or laughing. Some of you are thinking, "oh, poor Erin," but I am very serious about how much that shows she really cares.
Next up, Madeline. Some might call her daddy's little girl, but I am most definitely Madi's little daddy. She has me wrapped around her finger and with a cute smile and a kiss I'll do whatever she wants. Recently we placed her in a toddler bed. We like it plenty, except now she can get up and walk out of her room whenever she likes. This leads to early early mornings and little girl surprises in the evenings. My favorite is when Erin is talking with me and Madi comes tiptoeing down the hall. I try to motion to her to go back to bed before Mom sees her. She just smiles more and more as I make silly faces and gestures and by the time Erin turns around Madi has a smile on her sneaky little face about two miles wide.
Now it's Wesley's turn. I am impressed daily with his intelligence and understanding. The kid still doesn't talk at all. I think he just lets Madi do all the talking for him. That doesn't stop him one bit. He knows where I hide things he isn't supposed to have. He knows how to climb on anything in the house. He can pick all the peas out of a casarole and poop green for days. He and I butt heads often, literally. It's one of my favorite things to do only I usually get hurt because he is tougher than me and my head gets sore. He will be playing down the hall or in the back room and see me walk by. He knows that means the computer is unguarded and he takes off running. I can step away for half a second and he will have opened ten new programs, sent a couple garbage emails and changed my mouse settings so everything is upside down.
Finally, baby number three. That is our working title. I really would like to just have a name so that we can show her a little respect as we talk about her, but nothing seems to stick. I love her tons and am always thinking about her. We may just have to meet her and stare into her eyes and hold her hand before a name really fits. She is already so special and unique and has influenced many lives in ways unknown. I can't imagine how much more she will be able to accomplish once she is actually born. She has limitless potential and I will be a better person for just knowing her. I feel very blessed to be a tag-along for the epic adventures of her life.
We may be a bunch of crazies, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. =]
Ok, I may or may not be tearing up a little right now. Justin I'm so proud to call you my brother-in-law. You are perfect for Erin and a perfect daddy to those little ones. I love you guys!
ReplyDeleteOh Sweetie, you're so cute. Thanks for the post, it made my day =]
ReplyDelete