SOUR CREAM CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
I made these enchiladas for our Sunday dinner and invited our neighbors over to enjoy them with us. Unfortunately because we had guests I forgot to take a picture on the plate so I got a picture of our leftovers instead. The recipe says to squish something like 18 enchiladas into a 9x13 pan but instead of using corn tortillas like it says I prefer to use medium flour tortillas so they all can't fit into the pan. I put most of them in the 9x13 and then put the rest into an 8x8. As you can see we had a lot of leftovers. I think these are my favorite enchiladas, maybe because they are pretty Americanized since they have Cream of Chicken Soup in them. I always thought I liked Mexican food but now that I think about it I tend to order tacos, or burritos that I know. I'm not really the daring type, I think maybe I should try something new, who knows, maybe I really do like mexican food.
Funny story, Justin went to the store for me and got all the ingredients that I needed for the enchiladas the day before since we don't shop on Sundays. Well, we got home from church and had just over an hour to get everything done before our guests arrived (our church is at 12:30 so we don't get out until 3:30). I was making the sauce and grabbed the Cream of Chicken Soup Justin bought the day before and opened it, it was actually Chicken Noodle Soup! Justin accidently bought Chicken Noodle instead of Cream of Chicken, oops. We hastily rummaged through our canned goods and luckily I had another can hiding in the back, phew, our dinner was safe.
If you ever wonder what to make for dinner these Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas are perfect. You most likely have all the ingredients in your kitchen already but if not you may only be missing a couple items a quick run to the grocery store is really no big deal. Also, we like to have these with Rice-A-Roni's Spanish Rice (not the whole grain), really yummy stuff.
May I remind you, I don't put the recipes on here because I'm lazy but if you're ever interested in a recipe I would be happy to give it to you.
Is this the first time you've made these ones? I love them. I actually was going to make them last night but I got too lazy. But they sound so good! After you posted the Banana Chocolate Chip cookies I went home and made those. Maybe I will do the same with these. I've been craving them and they are soooo good. (Thank you Jessica Love!)
ReplyDeleteNo, I've made them lots.
ReplyDeleteThey sound very yummy! I would love the recipe for them thanks! Hope all is well
ReplyDelete