Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Recipe #5

CHICKEN SALAD



This has got to be one of my all time favorites.  This is such a great salad and easy to make and it makes a lot too.  This is a great salad for pot lucks or bbqs.


Here is the recipe

4 C Diced Chicken (I like it best shredded, not diced)
4 C Shell Macaroni
2 C Celery, chopped
2 C Red Grapes, halved
2 C Apples, chopped
2 T Green Onions, chopped
1 1/2 C Almonds, sliced
1 C Coleslaw Dressing
1 C Mayonnaise

Cook Chicken until done all the way through.  Combine all ingredients and enjoy!


Now if you're like me you won't really stick to the measurements to a T.  As I recall this last time I made this salad I used 2 chicken breasts which was pretty close to 4 cups and I just threw in a whole box of noodles which is about 5 cups.  Of course I had to throw in some extra grapes and I may have all together omitted the almonds (I don't like nuts) and the green onions.   I don't like the taste of fresh onions and they always leave that horrible aftertaste for hours after you've eaten, yuck.  All in all this is a wonderful salad and I can never get enough.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ONCE IN A WHILE IN AN ORDINARY LIFE, LOVE GIVES US A FAIRYTALE