Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Recipe #7

BROWNIE PUDDING

pouring the liquid mix on top of the batter

almost done pouring

Doesn't that look yummy?


2 C Flour
1½ C Sugar
4 T Cocoa Powder
4 T Baking Powder
1 t Salt
1 C Milk
4 T Oil
2 t Vanilla
1½ C Walnuts, optional

1½ C Brown Sugar
½ C Cocoa Powder
3½ C HOT Water

Mix together first 8 or 9 ingredients till smooth. Pour in greased 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
Combine brown sugar, cocoa, and water then pour over the first batter slowly. Bake 45 minutes. Serve warm.
.........................

Brownie Pudding is quite unique.  You make the batter and then pour a chocolate liquid over the top and then while baking it somehow transforms and the brownie floats to the top and the pudding settles on the bottom.  The pudding is still quite liquidy shortly after coming out of the oven but don't worry, it thickens as it cools.  
Brownie Pudding is an awesome dessert but VERY rich.  You definitely can not eat it all by itself.  As  you can see I topped mine with yummy whipped cream, it was still rich though so I had to accompany it with a cold glass of milk.  Vanilla ice cream is also a great way to go.  Because I thought this was so rich I did a little digging to see if there were any other recipes out there that made it with less Cocoa or with milk in the liquid part but it seems that most recipes are about the same.  No matter what recipe I find they always say it's rich and to eat with ice cream.  I guess this is meant to be a chocolate lovers dessert, no point trying to change that.  Just be aware, you will not be able to eat very much at once so if you're making for only a few people you might want to consider cutting the recipe in half.  I made it in a 9x13 pan and we ended up throwing out the last bit because we had it so long only eating a little each day.  It doesn't help that Justin is working out and doing this crazy diet so he wouldn't help me eat very much of it. Whatever he's doing it's working though, he lost 10 pounds in one month.  Pretty good, huh?



No comments:

Post a Comment

ONCE IN A WHILE IN AN ORDINARY LIFE, LOVE GIVES US A FAIRYTALE